LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a Delta 10" Contractors saw Model # 34-441. The blade height adjustment has become catchy and even jams. I flipped it over to observe the shaft/sleeve action and noticed that the shaft appears to be slightly bent or out of center thereby making the gear on the end wobble up and down as you turn the blade height adjustment handle. I removed the sleeve and shaft and noticed that the entire shaft/sleeve/gear assembly seems to be swedged together in an off center manner. Is this normal or a factory quality control issue? I can see no mechanical reason that designers would have built in this out of round accentuation. I cannot find a replacement part however I could have a part machined to replace this…just not sure. Any thoughts on this would be would be appreciated.

·
Registered
13,731 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.