LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
21 - 40 of 296 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
The same was true here. the throat plate screws should be screwed UNDER the plate for adjustment not through it to hold it down. the techs at Lowes probably just saw holes (for on/above table adjustment) and put the screws through them most likely because that's probably what it looks like you should do. The clips on the plate hold it down just fine.
Gas Tints and shades Electric blue Automotive exterior Cylinder

Musical instrument accessory Electronic instrument Gas Audio equipment Bumper

Here are more pics while I'm at it:
Electronic instrument Audio equipment Musical instrument Font Electronic musical instrument

Thin casting I was talking about:
Fixture Composite material Tints and shades Gas Ceiling

Electrical wiring Gas Engineering Computer hardware Machine

Wood Automotive exterior Gas Bumper Machine

Trunk Bumper Gas Automotive exterior Vehicle door

Automotive design Gas Audio equipment Machine Cameras & optics

Attachments

· Registered
8 Posts
We'll so far are you happy, I don't know to much about table saws and was thinking I should get this one ( delta 36-725) or the Ridged R 4512. On the side of the saw that has the two wheels are there any rubber pads? Dose the saw move at all with the wheels always in contact with the ground?

Thanks Tyler!

· Registered
11,255 Posts
Thanks Tyler. I have to say that after seeing the pics I'm pretty impressed considering the price. 13A, maybe the same 12.8A motor they've used for years which has proven to be extremely reliable. The throat plate looks identical to my Delta Contractor. The local Lowes doesn't have one yet but I'm hoping they get one soon so I can take a look.

· Registered
8 Posts
We'll I took the plunge!! I just went down to Lowes and they price matched a harbor freight 25% off coupon!! The bad news is they don't have one in stock they said it would be on the next truck! So the delta 36-725 was $449.28. Tyler you might be able to get them to price match for you as we'll. I would look into it!!

· Registered
11,255 Posts
I looked over the one at Lowes today and overall I am pretty impressed. The fence is solid and I didn't detect any flex just pushing on it, it glides smoothly and locks securely. The top was polished, the edges smooth and painted, the front edge is beveled. The blade traveled up/down/tilt smoothly with no appreciable play. It has storage for the fence and miter gauge when not in use that is much improved over my 90's Delta. The rail is split but interlocks and there was no give or flex in it. The blade guard is better than my 90's model, has a riving knife and anti-kickback pawls. The insert is stamped 1/8" stamped steel about 3/8" tall (from what I could tell), adequate to the task; unfortunately it was screwed down. I did get down on a knee look up inside from the bottom but the dust collection hood covered most of the innards. The base has feet and is rock solid, you could dance on it. Overall the fit and finish were excellent. I was going to take pics but couldn't find an angle that hadn't already been photographed.

· Registered
4 Posts
OK… I now have about 100 pictures of all aspects of the 36-725 on display at my local Lowes, including a few up into the cabinet from below and detailed shots of the fence, rails, miter slots, pauls, riving knife, and guard. Any requests?

Vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Gas Auto part

Tool Automotive exterior Bicycle part Bumper Gas

Camera accessory Plant Cameras & optics Lens Font

Hood Automotive design Rectangle Gas Automotive exterior

Wood Engineering Machine Gas Metal

I did notice that the blade deflects very slightly toward the fence and back again while raising it up out of the table, and deflects about a 64th at full height (within the last quarter turn) not an issue for actually USING the saw, just something I noticed at the store… Have video if interested. Cheers NRT

Attachments

· Registered
4 Posts
Hey Rick, Yes, I noticed that as well, at the very top end of the vertical travel the insert does rise causing the level to move as well. My concern was the "wobbling" that the blade does on the length of it's travel (pretty clear between 2.5 and 3.4 inches). Here the square does not move, nor does the insert, only the square to blade gap distance changes.

As I said earlier, this is just something I noticed while quickly "checking out" a possible purchase. There is also every possibility that I was the cause of the wobble as I turned the height adjustment wheel… Don't know why it was doing it… ...just saw it do it…

BTW, I also am interested in the Harbor Freight coupon question. How does THAT work and what coupon? Are we talking about the standard "take 25% off anything in the store" coupon, or a specific tablesaw coupon? 25% off $600 would seal the deal for me on this saw even though it is a floor model and would likely (for my own peace of mind) need to be dis and re assembled once back at the compound…

· Registered
243 Posts
NRThompson,
Using HF coupons and Lowes and HD is specific to your local store management. Most of them will not allow it. Both my HD and Lowes used to take them, but not longer do. In fact, I haven't found any in the past year that will take them in the Pittsburgh area. However, every couple of years the stores get amnesia and start taking them again. That seems to last a couple of months and then one day they deny you and say they've never taken them. Some people report success calling the corporate headquaters and having corporate make the local store match the coupon. I tried it without success. Corporate told me it is up to each store's management to decide who their local competitors are.

21 - 40 of 296 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.