LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Hello,
I am new to this site and just joined because I am looking to start a few wood projects. I have an old old ryobi 10 table saw and it has seen better days, and needless to say I was in Lowes and saw the 36-725. I don't know anything about saws but I have been reading a lot of reviews and watching videos. For some reason I kinda narrowed down my choice to the delta 36-725 and the ridged 4512. The r4512 seems to get good reviews but I worry about the number of people swapping out their fence. When I was looking at the 36-725 in the store it seemed light and because two of the wheels are always in full contact with the ground it did not seem as sturdy or as immovable as some of the reviews and videos of the 4512. Again I don't know much about saws so I am not sure what my priorities are. I will be moving the saw around the shop and I share it with the cars. In my near future I have a project that I will be ripping about 30 -3/4 sheets of plywood. And would love to build some shop cabinets some day so accurate fence rips are important. I could be wrong but it kinda seems like the delta fence is better? Does anyone know for sure based on experience or knowledge also I have a 25% of harbor freight coupon that I could use on the R4512 so it would be about 412-430 with tax vs the delta at 600-636. Also being able to put a zero clearance and a dado blade set is a requirement.

Thanks

· Registered
8 Posts
Tyler,
Do you have any problem with the throat plate screws not mounting flush with the throat plate, the display model at lowes did not look good, wanted to know if that was because they did not set it up properly or design flaw. Thanks

· Registered
8 Posts
We'll so far are you happy, I don't know to much about table saws and was thinking I should get this one ( delta 36-725) or the Ridged R 4512. On the side of the saw that has the two wheels are there any rubber pads? Dose the saw move at all with the wheels always in contact with the ground?

Thanks Tyler!

· Registered
8 Posts
We'll I took the plunge!! I just went down to Lowes and they price matched a harbor freight 25% off coupon!! The bad news is they don't have one in stock they said it would be on the next truck! So the delta 36-725 was $449.28. Tyler you might be able to get them to price match for you as we'll. I would look into it!!

· Registered
8 Posts
On the lowes website it says that they will match % off coupons so I took the 25% off coupon to the check out told them their " lowes website" website said they matched and the checkout gal called a supervisor and they looked to see that the coupon was legit and rung me up! Before I went in I called and asked if they matched coupons and they said they did not! That was before I looked on their web site. I would say that you go in with your coupon and " tell them they match it" instead of ask. And when they give you problems show them their website" good luck!

· Registered
8 Posts
Just got my saw set set up! I might need to do a little ajusting, I get a little bump where the rails connect and I need to ajust the trunnions a little she is about 1/8 off the measuring tape, I have never assembled a "large" saw before so I am sure that I just need to get it adjusted right. Assembly was ok, I really wish they would label the bolts better and give you more pictures. I did turn it on a cut a scrap piece of wood…SUPER QUITE!!! I thought it might have some problem because it was was so quite, you don't need ear muffs at all. I was a little worried about assembling it by myself but if you can lift 50 #'s you should be fine to tip it over, I put an old blanket down on the floor first so that it would not get scratched up on the concrete floor. Again I don't know much about these types of saws but I don't why they could just not have included a one piece rail… I mean the only reason I can see is that it would not fit in the box, but it would make thing so easy! I am sure no one would mind a separate box.. Getting the blade square was very easy mine did not have any problem getting 90, I need to understand the positive stop process a little though it seems that no matter how tight I set the srew I can still keep turning the wheel and get it past 90 without to much effort… again I think the saw is good I just need to learn and understand everything better. Cutting my one piece of scrap was very nice I can't wait to get it set up perfect and to start making saw dust!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.