LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,656 Posts
Talle- it has three wheels.
The Delta badging is promising, but while Delta has made some nice machines over the years…..they've also made some crap too. The Shopmaster series comes to mind. I too am looking forward to seeing it in the store for a closer look. I'll likely be ready to move-on from my Craftsman 113 if/when the right deal presents itself. This type of saw might fit the bill IF its actually better than my 113. I currently use a Delta T2 fence, so I'd have no problems taking it off the craftsman, and slapping it on this new Delta saw- negating the split front rail.

Knott- I noticed the weight too. Is it possible that the "skin" of the saw is plastic? Conventional wisdom would prefer a metal, but I can't think of why a plastic skin would be necessarily be inferior (on a contractor saw).
I can't think of many other ways they could save on weight.
Of course, the specifications might just be mis-stated too. I've caught typos on Lowes specifications before.

· Registered
1,656 Posts
I've tried to use them at all my local big box stores in the DC area. I've been 100% unsuccessful. I think too many people have been trying, which would explain the eyerolls I recieved when I tried.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.