LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
In Loving Memory
3,728 Posts
I'll post this once more before I tear it apart and use the pieces for something else.

I have a Delta 22-580 13 1/2" planer that is broken.
It needs a transmission, (someone shifted from low to high while it wasn't running and stripped the gears), probably a new toothed drive sprocket and a belt.
I wouldn't be surprised if the blades are still good, at least on one side, as I turned them and only used it once before it went TU.

Everything else is in good shape and I would be interested in trading for something of equal or higher value, even if I need to pay some to boot.

As far as I'm concerned, this was one of the best bench top planers ever built. At one time it even did a better job than a friends Delta DC33.

If I can't trade it or sell it I'm going to rip it apart and make a small sander out of it.

·
In Loving Memory
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't know it had been shifted when I turned it on. The gears are made of pot metal and it took almost 3 seconds for it to strip the drive gear and one of the driven gears.
It made a horrible sound, you know, the sound of money flying out the window screaming "BYE BYE!"

I checked into a new transmission, (they don't sell just parts), and found I can buy almost a whole 22-590 or Dewalt for what they want for just the transmission.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.