LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a Delta table saw Serial # 88H52996 cat number 34-444 made in the USA I used it for a short time but, decided to upgrade to a Delta Unisaw. Its in good condition I upgrade to link belt and installed steel pulleys. I have keep it in storage and it needs to go! I need some help what is this thing worth?

Table Table saws Furniture Wood Desk

Attachments

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
ask 300. You may be fetch 250.

These are very, very good saws, problem is most folks are caught up in all the riving knife and blade guard hooblah that are standard equip. on most new saws.

I would put that saw in direct competition with anything under a thousand bucks (new that is).

That splayed leg base is key, one of the last us made. I have several thousand hours on one like it.

Where you located?

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
I think id ask $200 if I really wanted it to sell. There are a lot of tools for sale in the DC area. I got my delta contractor saw with a biesemeyer fence, cmt dado stack and zci for it, cmt combo blade, cast iron wings, router table extension, and mobile base for $500. Tough to sell the contractors saws for what they're worth.

If you want to get top dollar, push the fact that it's made in the US and hold out for $250-300.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
That saw was made in Pennsylvania. One of the last. Not sure if they went with Taiwan motors or not that year.

It is a great saw and I would ask even more. I agree with Cabmaker, it will cut with the best of them and is worth more than most saws in the $1000 range or under.

I like not having to deal with riving knives and safety shiields. A zero insert and MJ Splitter set up and I am a happy camper with one of these saws.

P.S. I would upgrade the power switch for safety\liiability reasons before selling.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
The fence alone is worth $150

i'm confused. that fence looks a lot like the much maligned jet-loc fences that unisaws came with prior to t-square fences. whenever i read unisaw threads, the fence is often noted as a first item to be replaced. what makes this one so valuable? also, right tilts are, IMHO, inherently less valuable than left tilts for safety reasons, particularly where bevel rips are concerned. also, the finished side of work pieces on right tilts is usually good side down, rather than up as in the case of left tilts.

since the OP is selling it, set the price between $200 and $300 and hope for an unsuspecting newbie who doesn't know any better.

·
Registered
13,731 Posts
They are good saws but tough to sell in this day when many would rather pay $500 for a mediocre new saw than $300 for a excellent used saw. And any serious woodworker will want to replace the fence, that's another $250 on the cost. Should have taken the offer for $300.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I have that same saw…bought it used 20+ years ago for $250, with the same (bad) fence. I put on a link belt, and got a biesemeyer fence. I have a good blade on it, and it's tuned to perfection…it's all that I need, and I'd buy another one right now for $250, only you're too far away.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks, for the feed back still waiting on a buyer. I did get sucked into buying the left tilt Unisaw with 50" biesemeyer fence. I had a welder friend put swivel casters on the mobile base so, I could move it around the shop. It was made in the good old USA and the 50" capacity makes for a good work bench. Yes, the 34-444 is a good saw but, the Delta Unisaw will out perform the 34-444. The down side it came with a price of $1,600.00.

With that said anyone close to No VA come buy this saw it's in my way!!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Agree with those who say these are good saws. I've had mine for 14 years now. Bought it new thinking I'd upgrade later on and I can't get rid of something that works so well. I use it every time I'm in the shop and it cuts the same today as it did the first day I got it and I've not touched it since I set it up, except to clean it.
Someone that knows table saws would not have a problem with a 250.00 to 300.00 price tag.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I purchased a slightly newer 34-444 with the newer base a year and a half ago for $100 (it was rusty). I've seen one without a motor for slightly less. I'd try to get $200 out of it. It really depends how saturated your market is. Around here, I can get a old contractor saw any day. You won't get much more with the original fence.

Did I say my market was saturated? An ad just went up for a newer Unisaw this afternoon for $400.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.