LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
hey everybody was just looking for your toughts on this, i always belived it was better glueing boards of timber together to form a wide board rather than not cutting the board and leaving it as a wide piece of timber, my idea would be that the board would cup split or crack, but by cutting and alternating the grain you counter act the natural forces in the timber i found this company that make cutting boards out of one solid piece http://www.bunburyboards.com/index.php?page=products-waney-edge,7

i hope this makes sense… i would love to hear everybody's ideas

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
this company that make these boards are very succesful and i hope to compete with them by making a better product…
rich us irish are a well traveled group i reckon you go back far enough most of america has a decendent from ireland, i am not from cavan but i know its a nice spot loads of lakes great for fishing…

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.