LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cutting Board Progress

I am making 4 cutting boards for gifts. I made each unique. The project seemed easy, but I learned that my tools needed some tuning to get the flush fits. They leave little room for error.

From top left giong clockwise, Purple Heart and Maple, White Oak and Walnut, Maple on Walnut, and Cherry and Walnut

·
Registered
11,304 Posts
Cutting Board Progress

I am making 4 cutting boards for gifts. I made each unique. The project seemed easy, but I learned that my tools needed some tuning to get the flush fits. They leave little room for error.

From top left giong clockwise, Purple Heart and Maple, White Oak and Walnut, Maple on Walnut, and Cherry and Walnut
I'll bet the purpleheart and maple really stands out. They all look good in the picture.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Procrastination Hurts

I had to spend some serious shop time the week before the holidays as I greatly underestimated the time needed. The gifts got their last coat only 4 hours before giving them away. Didn't even wrap them as I'm betting a curing board with fumes most likely shouldn't be sealed by wrapping paper. I didn't get a chance to photo the post-finish boards as I was scrambling to finish. I will have to make a point to allow more time for errors and interruptions in the future.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Procrastination Hurts

I had to spend some serious shop time the week before the holidays as I greatly underestimated the time needed. The gifts got their last coat only 4 hours before giving them away. Didn't even wrap them as I'm betting a curing board with fumes most likely shouldn't be sealed by wrapping paper. I didn't get a chance to photo the post-finish boards as I was scrambling to finish. I will have to make a point to allow more time for errors and interruptions in the future.
Hmmmm…I'm pretty sure you know what I'm going to say here. No pictures, didn't happen.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Procrastination Hurts

It could have happened, Im waiting for pics from my mom about her and my brothers cutting boards.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Procrastination Hurts

Ahhh, I see that the pics are in the project listing. Adding some suspence, eh, Jeff? Making us hunt a bit. I see how you roll. Excellent! Heading over there.

·
Registered
35,383 Posts
Procrastination Hurts

Yes Jeff you almost got into trouble.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.