LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Thanx to Mark Spagnolo, I think the cutting board has replaced the birdhouse as the woodworker's right of passage. It has to be the most common project on LJs.

Now that they have been in service for a while, I thought it would be interesting to hear some cutting board stories. Did they survive? What kind of abuse have you put them through? Anybody put one in the dishwasher, or drop them from a ten-story building? Did the end-grain cutting boards fare better than the face-grains?

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
Greetings…... No thanks…..I'm tired of hearing and reading about cutting boards. Have been nothing on this site for the last 3 months but c.b. I'm ready for some new adventures.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Even more than pens? I have a long grain one I made in jr. high probably 30 years ago, it has held up pretty well. About every 10 years I run it through the planer a couple of times to refresh the surfaces.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.