CUTECH - 40180HCB-CT (Rating: 5)

I was in the market for an 8" jointer and have read great reviews for this . When they had free shipping over the holiday, I ordered one. For over 30 yrs I have used a 6" delta with knives and I got very tired of sharpening them, and resetting. A real pain. I need to make space in my shop so this small jointer seemed a good fit.
1. the ordering on the site was simple and easy
2. the package shipped UPS and was very well packed. The jointer was totally surrounded by form fitting styro. Arrived in perfect condition
3.Easy to put the few parts together, IF one does NOT try to figure out the directions. This is the only negative I have about this jointer.
4. I had a concern that the fence would not be strong and wiggle..heck it is made of plastic and aluminum. I was pleasantly surprised that is is rock solid
5. the universal motor is a bit noisy, but way less than say a dewalt 735 planer
6. I have only had this for a few days, but I have jointed a lot of wood on it. So far I am very impressed with the finish the carbide leaves. The tables were co-planer, and the mechanism that raises and lowers the infeed is simple and easy.
7. the dust collection with my 3hsp DC was terrific.
8.. All in all this little jointer has a home with me . I am very pleased with it.