LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
After reading the thread about the recent mishap for cabinet master, I was thinking about how many of us have accidents, mishaps in our shop or in our non shop life. It was a broken knee cap that got me into doing woodwork. I could not walk any where and I was bored to death, my hubby bought me a scroll saw and sat me in a chair in front of it. As they say, "the rest is history."
Another thing I did when I was laid up was crossword puzzles. My father used to do the newspaper one every single day of his life so I have always been around them
I was thinking (and yes, I realize this could be dangerous! LOL!) that perhaps someone here on L.J.'s knows how to make a decent crossword puzzle, and if so it could be made with a woodworking theme. Something along the lines of ""a certain kind of maple" 7 letters. Or another name used for Lodgepole, 8 letters. I am sure you get the picture.
I think it would be something kind of fun, perhaps have it be a section of our L.J.'s e-mag.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
10,908 Posts
Sounds like a great idea Allison. If anyone has ideas and words they could send them to me by PM. I'll try and put one together and then post it on another blog. The more that could participate the merrier. That would help me pass some time also….............LOL

·
Registered
10,899 Posts
Allison great idé

maybey some of the tecnical word´s on the different part´s on different tool´s had to be puzzelt in correct
like what is the piece you use to hold the blade in a metal handplane ( lever cap)

( translatet to danish of course ( my dictionery doesn´t cover them)

Cabinetmaster excuse for asking but what is pm

Dennis

·
Registered
10,899 Posts
thank´s cabinetmaster always learning new thing´s (still can´t figure aut why I got the ½ timejob in the It - shop) to night I deffently got to find that slang word dictonary on LumberJock so I now where to find that kind of stoff

Dennis

·
Registered
640 Posts
I'm not sure if any of you are familiar with Woodwrokers Journal but they come out with a eZine and it has a Crossword Puzzle in it. You can do it online or print it out. You can even save it and come back and finish it later. And it's woodworking related. Here's the link:

http://www.woodworkersjournal.com/Ezine/Public/CrosswordPuzzle.aspx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.