LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
The local Craigslist has a craftsman lathe 149.23871 listed for $50. Does anyone own/use one of these and can they be used to turn pens? How easy is it to get the parts to turn pens? Will it take a standard morse taper on each end?

Additionally, the guy has a Duro Power Shaper model number 3091. Its old (1940's old) but comes with 5 cutting heads and is in a 40" long hardwood cabinet. It has a $40 price tag. Does anyone know anything about this tool? I have a 1 1/2 hp craftsman router mounted in a Vermont American router table that I use mostly for 1/4" roundovers. However, I do some raised panels on the table saw and my little jobsite saw is maxed out making the cuts. I was thinking about using the shaper for that. Any thoughts? Obviously, cutting head availability is a huge issue.

Justin in Loveland

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.