LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I decided to build a drill press table for my Craftsman Drill Press. It turned out pretty nice!

Here it is pictured without the "sacrifice block" insert. I love being able to choose to use a hold down or a fence witht he T-track!

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for the compliments!

To answer Daddywolfdawg's question: I secured the table to the existing cast iron drill press "table" with four bolts on the underside. Between the two sheets of MDF, I used a forstner bit and drilled out just enough of a gap for a T-nut to rest flush prior to gluing the two sheets of MDF together. Its easy to secure or remove with a socket or wrench.

TheFridge: I have a small vice that mounts to the existing table… much like the cross slide vice- without the "slide." (you can see it in the upper left in the top picture) It comes in handy when drilling out small pieces of aluminum or brass when making custom hand tools!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Nice job Bryan.

Slightly off-topic, but do you find the laser useful/practical?
Was your laser built-in or after-market?

No question it looks cool for showing off your table though… ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Jeff!

The laser actually came with the drill press. I like it. I generally use it to adjust my fence to whatever Im drilling into. It speeds up the set-up process.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.