LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
I never knew there was such a thing called" Brick Clip" that allows you to hang picture frames to a brick wall without drilling holes ,and we all know what a pain in the A$$ that job can be.

Products like this come on the market without advertising and some of us don't even know they are available unless we see it .

This is just a suggestion/question.what do you think if we had a forum dedicated to all the new and cool tools that we see in our daily lives and we think might be useful in a shop or around the house,if we had a" cool tools forum" , we could post stuff like this brick clip there to let others know.

Brown Wood Rectangle Material property Font

Attachments

·
Registered
7,831 Posts
regarding the fasteners that wah0609 posted. They also make 'em in aluminum which are stronger and came be easily taken out and reused over and over. When we moved from 10aSEE to here I pulled about 60 of them from the walls and brought them with me. A can of spackle was cheap instead of having to buy all new anchors.

·
Premium Member
4,116 Posts
I had a friend introduce me to the wall anchors waho609 showed….they are awesome and would not use anything else…..I did not know they were available in alum, thanks joeinga….I will look for those!!!
Mike

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
Hey People:

waho609 came up with a Winner!

I've been using those Nylon Fasteners for a few years now. They are great! "Scissors" is correct, the metal ones are made from Zinc.

As mentioned, drive them into the wall (Nylon Part Only) with a Philips or Square Driver. They "Dimple" the surface so when you take them out (Screw) there is a nice Pre Made hole for Spackling. Absolutely reusable as also mentioned above.

Oh Yea! Maybe one of the best parts …NO Pre drilling or hole necessary. Thump it with your hammer or as I do … stick the screwdriver in and "Thump" it with your Palm.

Try and "Pull" them out and you'll end up with a big messy hole. ...LOL.. They hold TIGHT. I've also used them on Horizontal Surfaces to hold a fair amount of weight. Work just fine. ("Country Kitchen" Beams Below)

Home Depot carries them in many sizes. You can also buy just the Nylon Part if you wish to. They come in Small quantities (5 or so) or large ones. I THINK 25/50. They are made by "Paulin" (Might be wrong spelling.)

These are actually so good and such a departure from those Red, Green, Yellow ones that you had to pre-drill a hole for I was thinking of doing a "Review" on them.

Thanks Ken. Great Post, Good Idea!

Rick

Light Amber Material property Electricity Art

Red Art Religious item Cross Font

Attachments

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I actually used those plastic anchors Waho609 mentioned twice already,last year I used them to hold Ikea bottom cabinets to the wall,and recently for shelving brackets,they are a must have fasteners in any household .

·
Registered
9,173 Posts
I've used those screw anchors for years.. nothing beats them for holding crap to drywall. I won't use anything but those for ventilated shelving, as those stupid clips with the built in anchors absolutely suck and always pull out when you try to take one down. About the only problem I have found is that after several years, they can become brittle and break easily; either when you are taking them out or trying to put them back in (re-use) somewhere. I haven't seen the metal ones, but those would solve that problem for sure, so I'll keep an eye out for them next time I visit the borg.

Cheers,
Brad

·
Registered
226 Posts
My Tape measure has a magnet and a writing surface on it, oh, and a pencil sharpener! How cool is that! I just searched for it and I couldn't find the exact one for sale but it is made by Fastcap, I got mine at Woodcraft.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.