LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
81 - 100 of 1567 Posts

· Administrator
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Do not like the Recommended Reading at all. Ones I have seen are not what I would read. I can decide what I wish to read,

Are you referring to the home page or the bottom of threads?

If you are referring to the homepage, I would simply add the full forum listing page to the bookmarks of your browser.

If you are referring to the bottom of threads, I cannot change that.

- Cricket

· Administrator
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
No, let me try that again.

I meant combined, as in 1 tab for new content, vs the fragmentation.

I know it's not likely something you can configure from boxed forum software, and I don't know to what degree you can actually customize things, but it's a suggestion none the less
Unfortunately, that is not an option at this time.

- Cricket

• Helpful
Reactions: Mosquito

· Just Plane Crazy
11,542 Posts
Unfortunately, that is not an option at this time.

- Cricket
Understood, and mostly what I expected. Didn't know if there was anything formal tracking them or not, so I threw it out there.

I know there's a lot of us sounding like we're complaining, but overall I'm excited for some things, and sad to see some things go. Everyone wants progress, but no one wants change :)

· Premium Member
3,307 Posts
Are you referring to the home page or the bottom of threads?

If you are referring to the homepage, I would simply add the full forum listing page to the bookmarks of your browser.

If you are referring to the bottom of threads, I cannot change that.

- Cricket
Sorry it can not be changed. A additional clutter to the page. Beginning to like the old version better and better.

· Administrator
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
I know there's a lot of us sounding like we're complaining, but overall I'm excited for some things, and sad to see some things go. Everyone wants progress, but no one wants change :)
I am a creature of habit and don't do well with change, so I totally get it.

We will get through this process together. :)

· Administrator
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Sorry it can not be changed. A additional clutter to the page. Beginning to like the old version better and better.
You can simply not scroll down past where you post your reply to a thread. ;)

· Administrator
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
This is a feature I have come to love.

How To Save (Bookmark) Threads Or Posts

This is an excellent option when you want to save a thread to come back to later. At the bottom of the post, you will see Save. Click on it.

Once you click on Save, you can add any notes to remind yourself and then click to Save.

When you are ready to find the saved bookmarks later, from the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on your avatar to open the drop-down menu and select Bookmarks.

· Just Plane Crazy
11,542 Posts
You can simply not scroll down past where you post your reply to a thread. ;)
Alternatively, if you run an ad-blocker, make a custom rule to block the one at the bottom so you never see it :whistle:

· Registered
30 Posts
My primary use of the site is daily checking the projects page where I can see folks latest projects and click on the pics that look interesting for more info.
Until this latest change I would have only a screen full of projects pictured in an array. A single pagedown would show all. Now when I look I only see 3 per page spread out with lots of fluff and it takes twelve screens to see all the offerings.
Is there an option to get the previous projects display?
Thanks, Mike

· Registered
32 Posts
One more thing, is "Showcase" supposed to be clickable when you click add item? The past projects are sorted in the "Projects" under the showcase category and if there is an intended purpose for users to add items in Showcase, the adding form still have some server scripts FYI...
Rectangle Font Screenshot Software Parallel

· Administrator
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Someone asked me about Galleries.

I want to show you one of the cool things you can do with Albums organized within your Gallery.

All you do is share the code for the album you want to share in the forum.
Font Screenshot Terrestrial plant Software Number

- Cricket

· Administrator
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
My primary use of the site is daily checking the projects page where I can see folks latest projects and click on the pics that look interesting for more info.
Until this latest change I would have only a screen full of projects pictured in an array. A single pagedown would show all. Now when I look I only see 3 per page spread out with lots of fluff and it takes twelve screens to see all the offerings.
Is there an option to get the previous projects display?
Thanks, Mike
Are you accessing the site from a phone?

The reason I am asking is I see a full page filled with Projects.

· Registered
4,507 Posts
There is already an FAQ area for the stuff you will see me post.

Click on the 3 dots in the upper right-hand corner of the site and select FAQ.

- Cricket
I have always said that lumberjocks was the easiest and most straight forward site to navigate...but I can't say that any more Sad!

· Administrator
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
One more thing, is "Showcase" supposed to be clickable when you click add item? The past projects are sorted in the "Projects" under the showcase category and if there is an intended purpose for users to add items in Showcase, the adding form still have some server scripts FYI...
We are hoping to have the Showcase issues resolved tomorrow.

Once it is resolved, I will post a tutorial.

· Administrator
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·

· Banned
991 Posts
One thing I liked about the old system was you could see in the title of the forum how many new posts had been made since YOU last visited the forum. That allowed you at a glance to monitor traffic and skip forums with no new posts. It also let you know how many posts you would have to read to catch up. Now it seems that only the last post is listed??

· Administrator
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
One thing I liked about the old system was you could see in the title of the forum how many new posts had been made since YOU last visited the forum. That allowed you at a glance to monitor traffic and skip forums with no new posts. It also let you know how many posts you would have to read to catch up. Now it seems that only the last post is listed??
Have you clicked on NEW yet, in the upper right-hand corner of the community?

- Cricket

81 - 100 of 1567 Posts