LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
41 - 60 of 1514 Posts

·
Registered
8,658 Posts
What's with the class division of "Registered" vs. "Premium Member"?

·
Administrator
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
What I don’t like. The small thumb nail photos that show your project and the number of views are estimated by 1k, 2k etc. not the actual number.

My two cents.
Moving forward, you will be able to add the full images within the content. Give me some time to get caught up, and I will work with you to see if your older ones can be edited the way you want them to display.

·
Administrator
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·

·
Premium Member
7,329 Posts
Bug report: if you are in your messages (conversations) in filtered mode, select all, mark read, lather rinse repeat, you’ll hit a point where no more messages will get marked read. You need to deselect all then you can select more and mark them read. Happened somewhere about 8-10 pages in to marking everything read.

·
Administrator
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
How To Report a Post

Click on the Kebab (3 vertical dots) to the far right of the time stamp.

Select Report from the drop-down.

Add your reason for the report to the popup and click Report when you are done.

·
Registered
8,658 Posts

·
Administrator
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Bug report: if you are in your messages (conversations) in filtered mode, select all, mark read, lather rinse repeat, you’ll hit a point where no more messages will get marked read. You need to deselect all then you can select more and mark them read. Happened somewhere about 8-10 pages in to marking everything read.
I use the filter to only find the unread messages before going through the pages.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
7,329 Posts
Bug report, be in a forum, writing a post and have new posts happen while you’re writing, so click the show to show the new posts. The software gets confused and shows posts through 46 (at the moment in here) with her display above saying 41-42 posts (i.e. the post number didn’t get updated when clicking the show)
Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel Number

·
Administrator
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Sigh. . . . . . I was hoping it wasn't about more money on top of more ads. I guess this is what qualifies as an "improvement" in 2022?

I wanted to take a moment to assure you that we are listening to all the feedback

That being said, this site is supported by ads. As you already know, that’s how we keep the lights on around here.

As it turns out, servers, bandwidth, security, and maintenance aren’t free. :sneaky:

You never need to be premium unless you choose to do so.

·
Administrator
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Bug report, be in a forum, writing a post and have new posts happen while you’re writing, so click the show to show the new posts. The software gets confused and shows posts through 46 (at the moment in here) with her display above saying 41-42 posts (i.e. the post number didn’t get updated when clicking the show)
It is going to take a bit for the database to catch up with everything. Please be patient for the next couple of days.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
This will take a few days to work properly, but once the database is fully indexed, the following will work. (Some folks speed it up by marking all threads as read.)

Navigating Thread Listing

• Clicking the thread title will take you to where you left off, the 1st unread post.
  • Clicking the timestamp below the title will take you to the 1st post of the thread.
  • Clicking the timestamp above the last poster takes you to the latest (newest) post.

·
Registered
11,560 Posts
I hate it. There's no way to view latest posts according to when they were last updated that I can see. As a user who replies on a variety of topics this new format takes all the ease out of it. I'm not going to go on every forum to see which topics interest me. This software appears to be a real drag.

·
Administrator
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
FYI we are aware that the Showcase feature is loading very slowly. If all goes well, the techs are going to move it to a different database tomorrow.

Thank you for your patience while we find and resolve the glitches.

·
Administrator
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
I hate it. There's no way to view latest posts according to when they were last updated that I can see. As a user who replies on a variety of topics this new format takes all the ease out of it. I'm not going to go on every forum to see which topics interest me. This software appears to be a real drag.

Have you tried the NEW feature yet? It does display when the last replies were posted.

How To Find New Posts

You will see navigation icons near the upper right-hand corner of the community.

The first icon is for what’s new on the site.

Clicking on NEW, by default, will take you to new unread posts.

You can click on additional tabs on that page, such as Popular if you prefer to view active topics. You can also mark all as read.

·
Administrator
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·

Please take a moment to browse through our Community FAQs and let us know if you have any questions.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Is the Showcase up? I get nothin when I click on it.
FYI we are aware that the Showcase feature is loading very slowly. If all goes well, the techs are going to move it to a different database tomorrow.

Thank you for your patience while we find and resolve the glitches.

I posted about this a bit earlier. :)

41 - 60 of 1514 Posts