LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
21 - 40 of 705 Posts

·
Administrator
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Cricket, these guides are great, but I would suggest putting them in their own "Guides" section, as I have a feeling this thread is going to get pretty cluttered up soon lol I love having simple visual guides like that though, so thank you!
There is already an FAQ area for the stuff you will see me post.

Click on the 3 dots in the upper right-hand corner of the site and select FAQ.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Cricket, these guides are great, but I would suggest putting them in their own "Guides" section, as I have a feeling this thread is going to get pretty cluttered up soon lol I love having simple visual guides like that though, so thank you!
There is already an FAQ area for the stuff you will see me post.
I notice that you don't block people, you ignore them, so you don't see what they post. I that the only option? Is there a setting that prevents them from posting in your threads without hiding their posts?

Also, is there any chance of changing my username back to Rich?
That username is already taken. Do you have a 2nd choice?

- Cricket

·
Administrator
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Perfect! The only couple I had expanded there were just plain text, so I didn't catch that these were copy-pasted from there lol
I actually have a different set that I use in here, as the FAQs are expected to be updated soon.

·
Administrator
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
YouTube link parse and auto-embed is awesome, but I don't think it parses shorts as videos, so those are just previewed links. If it were possible to expand to embed those too, that would be awesome as well
I don't believe that is an option at this time. We have to use the actual share links.

How To Display A Video In Your Post

If you want to display a video from a site such as YouTube, you can add the share link directly into the content area of your post, and it will display automatically.

To get the share link, navigate to the video. Near the title, you will see a share link. Click it.

A small window will open to provide you with a URL. That will be the URL you need to copy and paste into your content.

·
Super Moderator
12,066 Posts
How To Delete A Conversation (Private Message)

[...]

You can do the following for leaving conversations in bulk (full page).
I had discovered this, but I've got 76 pages to go through since I can only select a single page at a time... yikes

I don't believe that is an option at this time. We have to use the actual share links.

A small window will open to provide you with a URL. That will be the URL you need to copy and paste into your content.
Yeah, that's what I used, but the shorts share links are a different pattern:
Watch Font Rectangle Screenshot Technology

·
Administrator
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I had discovered this, but I've got 76 pages to go through since I can only select a single page at a time... yikes
I was able to go to the next page and keep selecting. I tried 3 pages at a time.

·
Registered
6,132 Posts
@Cricket Congratulations on site release! ?

Now the hardest part starts......keeping the beasts under control. :p
Good Luck!

Questions:
1) What is purpose of Gallery section?
2) Why does the Gallery section suddenly show that I am not logged into forum, and does not register that I selected dark mode?
3) What is the intended plan for premium memberships? Stated another way: What content does VerticalScope plan to make available to only paid premium members?

Initial comment: classic Fora software dislikes for me.
Too much wasted space, blank paragraph indents need to be smaller, and less vertical space at beginning and ending of each topic highlight block. Default fonts too large for 1920x1080 display. Have to set browser at 80-90% size or spend way too much time scrolling down pages of posts/topics. Oh well... ?‍♂

Cheers!

·
Registered
737 Posts
Well, this totally sucks. Doesn't even look like the woodworking family we had...
It wasn't broke, there was nothing to fix. Let's face it, just because you can do something
new doesn't mean you should.

·
Administrator
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
What is purpose of Gallery section?

What Is The Difference Between The Showcase And Gallery?

The Showcase feature is designed for members to showcase any items/projects a community member is working on. It includes uploaded images, text descriptions, and custom content. By contrast, a gallery would more resemble a photo album.

How To Add A Gallery

Click on the Kebab (3 vertical dots) near the upper-right-hand corner of the community. Click Gallery.

From the Gallery page, click on Your albums.

Near the top right of the page, click on Add media.

A popup will open. Click on Create personal album.

First, add a title to your album and a description. Now it is time to click Upload file.

Once you have uploaded your file, add some information for the image.

When you are done, click Save.

When you need to add to your album, click on Gallery from the drop-down menu below the Kebab (3 vertical dots) dots in the right-hand corner of the site again.

Click on Your albums from the left-side navigation. Then click on your album.

Once you click the specific album of your choice, click on Add media to upload the new images.

You can also update privacy options when you click on a specific album.

Click Save when you are done.

Why does the Gallery section suddenly show that I am not logged into forum, and does not register that I selected dark mode?

I am not able to replicate this. You may need to clear your LumberJocks cache in your browser.

What is the intended plan for premium memberships? Stated another way: What content does VerticalScope plan to make available to only paid premium members?
You can learn more here.

The premium forums will just be a private place (at this time) for premium members to discuss things that they may not want on the publick forums.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Well, this totally sucks. Doesn't even look like the woodworking family we had...
It wasn't broke, there was nothing to fix. Let's face it, just because you can do something
new doesn't mean you should.
I am sorry, but parts of the old site were "broken" in many ways. It may not have been something you noticed, but the coding was outdated.

In my humble opinion, a successful forum community has never been about the platform. It is about the amazing members who come together to share a common interest, and along the way, true friendships are developed.

I have been helping sites transition to the new forum software since May 2019. In that time, I have noticed that during the first 30 days or so, traffic tends to slow down a bit while folks adjust to the new navigation and features. Somewhere between 60 - 90 days, the activity increases, and the community begins to grow. Give it some time. We will get there.:)

We will be seeing regular updates that are largely fueled by community feedback. While that doesn't mean we can action every request, it does mean we are actively listening to the feedback and sharing it with the developers.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
What I like about the new look at the Lumberjock web site.
The photo at the top of the page.

What I don’t like. The small thumb nail photos that show your project and the number of views are estimated by 1k, 2k etc. not the actual number.

My two cents.

·
Administrator
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Can I ask a huge favor of y'all?

Can we keep all feedback, questions, concerns, requests for help, etc., regarding the new platform here in our Community Feedback thread rather than starting new threads?

The reason this is important is that we will be seeing regular updates, which are largely fueled by community feedback. While that doesn't mean we can action every request, it does mean we are actively listening to the feedback and sharing it with the developers. By keeping all of the information in one thread, we can help make sure that we don't miss anything.

We absolutely want to hear all of the feedback, both good and bad.

We are just asking that it be posted here in the community feedback thread.

21 - 40 of 705 Posts