LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
321 - 340 of 705 Posts

·
Administrator
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #321 ·
OK, Sorry I'm still trying to figure all of this out, and find my way around the new site. I am liking it, just still stuck in the format of the old one. And I am finding more each time i login. Thanks for all of your work on this.
No worries. Day by day, we will get there! :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
What happened to "My Favorites"? I had a lot of projects in their and cant find anything now. I looked under the new "Bookmarks" and there are a few things in there but no "projects". I hope those are not all gone!

·
Registered
6,132 Posts
I select based primarily on respect, attitude, and kindness.
I used to be a nice guy, that is until I was forum admin and moderator for well over a decade in past. 😫😫😫
Eventually, even the nice, kind, and gentle moderators crack wide open, and enter into "flame all the idiots" mode. 🤯
As my wife reminds me:
Font Electric blue Book Brand Graphics

I also learned to keep two accounts when I was moderator/admin.
One female account for admin warnings/idiot modifications, and another to make my hobby posts on site.
Never wanted folks to know that the occasionally evil witch enforcing rules with no gray areas, could secretly be a nice person participating in the hobby. :rolleyes:
Plus angry men being punished are nicer to female admin/mod's for some reason? o_O

If I ever attempt to be forum admin/mod again, Cricket will be my screen name .... @Cricket is my Hero.👏

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
How would I be able to Bookmark a project in the Showcase projects for later reference if I build something like it. This is about the only thing I haven't figured out in the new set-up, ( so far ). The more I play around here the more I become used to it and am starting to feel more comfortable. Thanks, Mike

·
Premium Member
10,661 Posts
Did you look at the FAQ? You might want to see if changing the settings there have any impact

If that doesn't solve your issue, they would like you to post questions like this into this forum.

·
Administrator
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #329 ·
How would I be able to Bookmark a project in the Showcase projects for later reference if I build something like it. This is about the only thing I haven't figured out in the new set-up, ( so far ). The more I play around here the more I become used to it and am starting to feel more comfortable. Thanks, Mike
Unfortunately, that is not part of the Showcase features at this time. (I am checking with the devs to see if this could be possible.)

For now, to save projects for later reference, you may need to create a folder in your browser bookmarks and save them there.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #330 ·
Can you please make this window function correctly!
Despite clicking on 'Never' it just keeps appearing all over the place.
Very annoying.
View attachment 3853410
In most cases, if you are unable to disable this feature, you are likely using an ad/script blocker that will need to be turned off long enough to click Never.

·
Registered
161 Posts
There used to be multiple RSS feeds for the site. Like, there was a "Forums" feed and a "Projects" feed, so I could keep up with both of those things. With the cut-over to the new software, those feeds stopped working. Now, I can only find a "Forums" feed (It's behind the "
" logo at the bottom of every page). Is there any way to subscribe to a feed that shows me new projects as they are posted?

·
Premium Member
5,799 Posts
I am starting to get used to the new forum. The addition of the bar at the top to take one to Projects/Reviews/Blogs was a great help.
I did sign up as a premium member and will see if it is worth it. I do think the cost is too high but time will tell. I really dislike that you made it a recurring cost.

I miss the Favorite Features as it was something that I did use. Please look into getting something like that added in.

·
Super Moderator
12,066 Posts
I am starting to get used to the new forum. The addition of the bar at the top to take one to Projects/Reviews/Blogs was a great help.
I did sign up as a premium member and will see if it is worth it. I do think the cost is too high but time will tell. I really dislike that you made it a recurring cost.

I miss the Favorite Features as it was something that I did use. Please look into getting something like that added in.
There are "bookmarks" for forums/threads, but it doesn't sound like it's expanded to projects/showcase items at this point, unfortunately
Rectangle Font Screenshot Number Software

·
Premium Member
10,661 Posts
All of my non-project favorites were migrated as bookmarks. It really doesn't make sense to me that the project favorites weren't migrated as well nor does it makes sense that you cannot bookmark a Showcase posting going forward. The bookmarks are basically just links after all.

Fortunately for me, while the old site was in read-only mode, I got worried that I would loose all of my favorites (I have a bunch of them) so I saved all of them using copy and paste by page into a MS Notes document so I still have all of my favorites. I am happy to say that the links I saved appear to take you to the correct project.

Product Font Adaptation Advertising Poster

Reactions: Cricket

·
Registered
769 Posts
In most cases, if you are unable to disable this feature, you are likely using an ad/script blocker that will need to be turned off long enough to click Never.
Thank you, Cricket - I would never have thought of that! Now, are there any other places I use where I've had a similar problem . . . . . :unsure:

·
Administrator
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #337 ·
All of my non-project favorites were migrated as bookmarks. It really doesn't make sense to me that the project favorites weren't migrated as well nor does it makes sense that you cannot bookmark a Showcase posting going forward. The bookmarks are basically just links after all.
It's because everything within Showcase does not have a bookmarking feature. (I am still looking into this.)

·
Registered
437 Posts
Somewhere in these 17 pages there was something about how to go directly to unread posts in threads, but I can't find it again. I go to NEW (New Posts), but when I click on a thread, it does not go to the first unread post, it goes to the very first post in the thread. I looked in FAQ, but didn't find the instructions there.

321 - 340 of 705 Posts