LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
301 - 320 of 494 Posts

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
Hi Cricket,
Something I noticed that might be beneficial to others. I check the alerts, if I click on one to read I can read it. Then I have to go back to alerts and start over.

Is it possible to have a hyperlink at the page bottom that will take us back to our alert page to select another item to read. Thanks in advance.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
If your blogs were mostly single chapters it will not be that different for you than before. You can find your blogs by clicking on your avatar and selecting my profile. The blogs basically all got converted into regular forum topics in Blog forum and you can find them in the "Discussions Created" under your profile. Here is one of your blogs on Finishing for example. I found it under your profile.
Do you need the premium membership to do that? I went to my profile, saw the "discussions created" and the # of them, but I can't click on it. The items listed below that are all kinds of threads I've commented on.

·
Administrator
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #305 ·
Do you need the premium membership to do that? I went to my profile, saw the "discussions created" and the # of them, but I can't click on it. The items listed below that are all kinds of threads I've commented on.
Are you clicking on the actual number?

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Are you clicking on the actual number?
OK, that sort of worked. It works the same as the search function - it shows me every post I ever made in my blog OR someone else's blog. Not what is needed. Apparently the ability to organize your own blog, and view only your entries, has been lost. This is a major loss for me. Over the years I have answered many questions on other forums and in emails with a link to one of blog entries. This helped create new traffic to the site. This new software makes it far more difficult to do that, enough that I won't waste my time trying to locate an entry to provide a link.

The one thing the old site had that all the others were missing was the ability to document stuff and organize it in your blog, and easily and quickly reference others to it. With that gone this site loses a lot of its appeal. Sorry to be negative but it truly sux and is a mistake. I've been a member here for almost 10 years. This change removes my ability to quickly share information, which is the main reason I've stuck around. I have to see if I'm able to find only my reviews, projects, etc.

Right now this no no better than facebook - all about "now" and valuable historical info difficult or impossible to get to.

·
Super Moderator
12,039 Posts
OK, that sort of worked. It works the same as the search function - it shows me every post I ever made in my blog OR someone else's blog. Not what is needed. Apparently the ability to organize your own blog, and view only your entries, has been lost. This is a major loss for me. Over the years I have answered many questions on other forums and in emails with a link to one of blog entries. This helped create new traffic to the site. This new software makes it far more difficult to do that, enough that I won't waste my time trying to locate an entry to provide a link.

The one thing the old site had that all the others were missing was the ability to document stuff and organize it in your blog, and easily and quickly reference others to it. With that gone this site loses a lot of its appeal. Sorry to be negative but it truly sux and is a mistake. I've been a member here for almost 10 years. This change removes my ability to quickly share information, which is the main reason I've stuck around. I have to see if I'm able to find only my reviews, projects, etc.

Right now this no no better than facebook - all about "now" and valuable historical info difficult or impossible to get to.
I was mistaken in my original reply to you on this thread, I went through the regular search up top. If you go to the blog forum, and use the filters THERE, you can get what you're after as far as navigating to them/finding them goes.

The other part is a lot more cumbersome, since they all get squished in to a single thread though. You'd have to share a link to a specific reply within the thread

The share button to get the link is at the bottom right corner of that post/reply
Food Ingredient Recipe Cuisine Dish

I know it's not ideal, and I agree with you on the point of the functionality not translating over to this new format well. Just trying to figure out how to best use what's here, I guess :/

·
Super Moderator
12,039 Posts
I have to see if I'm able to find only my reviews, projects, etc.
Finding only your projects is the easy one, you should be able to go to your profile page, and click "Show case Items".

Something @Cricket will probably have to investigate is that I don't think the "Review" tab under the profiles works.

Unfortunately I haven't found another good way of searching reviews by author, as they aren't included in their own section for the advanced search and unlike blogs, the reviews are broken in to a lot of sub-forums, so there's no single place to filter from

Font Rectangle Software Parallel Screenshot

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
Cricket, On my profile page there is an Article (Spray Guns) this should actually be listed in reviews under spray guns. I wrote the review to help other here make a selection if they wanted to purchase one. If you could move it over there that would be great. Thank You, oh no hurry, I know you have your hands full.

·
Administrator
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #316 ·
Cricket, On my profile page there is an Article (Spray Guns) this should actually be listed in reviews under spray guns. I wrote the review to help other here make a selection if they wanted to purchase one. If you could move it over there that would be great. Thank You, oh no hurry, I know you have your hands full.
It's already located there.
Font Screenshot Wood Brand Slope

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
OK, Sorry I'm still trying to figure all of this out, and find my way around the new site. I am liking it, just still stuck in the format of the old one. And I am finding more each time i login. Thanks for all of your work on this.

301 - 320 of 494 Posts