LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,717 Posts
so far so good just gotta get used to the new layout.love that new forum smell !

·
Premium Member
28,717 Posts
cricket i think you had said we will have the memoriam back,is that still going to happen or where can i find it ?

Reactions: Mosquito

·
Premium Member
28,717 Posts
Absoluetly hate the layout. Is there not going to be a top 3... or a page with all the new photos projects? Or is this just turned into every other woodworking forum? Because that is what is looks like now... no longer special.
sorry buddy but top 3 is gone.it was really meaningless anyway.the projects are now in a column so you gotta scroll down rater than see a large group on one page as before.i do miss that myself.all in all im liking it so far,just gotta get used to it.hang in and keep trying things out.

Reactions: Underdog

·
Premium Member
28,717 Posts
There are dozens of woodworking forums. So Lumberjocks just became another one. Nothing to set it apart from the others. Good to know it went to just average with the update. And that is a big NO, it wasn't meaningless. And I really liked seeing the projects in a group, much easier than to constantly scroll down. I could see a project and if then choose to click on it if I wanted to know more about it.
i dont know about average buddy,it's the people that make a forum what it is,and we have some damn fine woodworkers here.yes i prefererred the former layout but ill learn how to use this one just as well.stay with it id hate to see you leave.:(

·
Premium Member
28,717 Posts
pottzy, that rules both of us out, however, with sideways pictures (I hope) fixed, my door to saint status has been flung opened.
ive not seen any sideways yet ? maybe thats gone.

·
Premium Member
28,717 Posts
Sometimes one must put an extra effort into what the author wants to portray to their audience that software cannot cope with... much like sideways pictures under the old format, where people just couldn't be bothered.
Nevertheless I agree it should be a must and if Cricket and the techos can implement a similar feature, it would make life easier.

I personally would appreciate a "Summary" of new Reviews (all in one) rather than categorised... even if Filter selected.

Now sideways posters are software tackled

View attachment 3853544
and after a good windup, will eventually self-explode... (thanks Chucky).
Sometimes one must put an extra effort into what the author wants to portray to their audience that software cannot cope with... much like sideways pictures under the old format, where people just couldn't be bothered.
Nevertheless I agree it should be a must and if Cricket and the techos can implement a similar feature, it would make life easier.

I personally would appreciate a "Summary" of new Reviews (all in one) rather than categorised... even if Filter selected.

Now sideways posters are software tackled

View attachment 3853544
and after a good windup, will eventually self-explode... (thanks Chucky).
duckie stop im getting dizzy buddy 😵

·
Premium Member
28,717 Posts
I have to agree. My favorited projects was like a library of ideas and inspiration. Several hundred projects selected over the past 12 years - all gone.
same here, hopefully they will figure a way to get it back ? this should have never been omitted. 😞

·
Premium Member
28,717 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,717 Posts
I tried again this morning and I really don't like this new format. I was going to post a project this morning and I couldn't figure out how to add pictures and the verbage was different so I didn't understand it. I don't mind working hard to understand a new program, but I won't work that hard to read or post on a forum. I will miss reading what my friends had to say and the wonderful projects they post. I might stop by in a few weeks to see if anything has changed. I think this is a case of fixing something that isn't broke.
buddy i sure hope you stick with us ill miss what you share.im sure some here can help you figure things out.

·
Premium Member
28,717 Posts
Thanks, Cricket. But at the moment it feels as though someone has rearranged my house so every time I get up in the middle of the night, I end up peeing in the closet. And then I trip over the ottoman.

and then there’s all my ”stuff” (blog posts) which someone has put in boxes and set in the garage.There’s two of those I was working on, so now I spend my day trying to find my stuff, and getting cranky when I can’t.

and thanks to the new layout, I can’t even see anentire paragraph on my phone. The banner on the top, plus the keyboard on the bottom when I’m trying to write leave me five and a half lines I can see.
View attachment 3853978
hang in there buddy,mosquito has a lot of good ideas he's pushing to try and get done.hopefully things will improve.not to happy about some things myself.losing all my fav's was one of em :mad:

·
Premium Member
28,717 Posts
Het pottz, Have you gotten confirmation that project favorites have passed permanently into oblivion or is that your best guess?

Just curious.
not sure steve everyone is pretty upset about it,hopefully they can bring it back.right now all of mine are MIA !

Reactions: sras

·
Premium Member
28,717 Posts
I'm still looking around when i get a chance, and following this post about the site. At some point I just need to jump in and experiment. Maybe this weekend with the rain in the forecast for 3 days.

I think overall, I am getting used to the new format.
getting used to it and liking it are two different things !

Reactions: mafe

·
Premium Member
28,717 Posts
And REVIEWS, as per Mozzies project layout suggestion... then when on the Review home page use the Filter if you want to "topicise".

Don't feel bad DP, I still do that in my old house and you'd think that Otto would use my spare bedroom.

(PS. Well worded issues.)

I believe Favourites are back... can now be found under Bookmarks,
View attachment 3854013
your new mission now Jimmy Phelps is trying to find it!

That's why I came back pottzy... just 4U!
i have no project favorites in bookmarks ?

·
Premium Member
28,717 Posts
Something I just noticed: when viewing someone's project in Showcase, their LJ name at the top is not a clickable link. After seeing a particularly cool project, I often want to go browse their other project so it would be nice if you could get to them from there. And a side note in case it wasn't captured as a bug when someone mentioned it before. When on the Showcase page,and you hover the mouse over the person's name so that the popup box displays, clicking on the number below Showcase takes you to their Media page instead of their Showcase page.
yes i would often do the same.nothing is simple anymore.

·
Premium Member
28,717 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts