LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
unstar all the conversations in my Conversations folder of my account details? Formerly private messages.

I was able to unstar a few individually, but have several hundred more to go.

I want it indicate new messages only.

I tried changing the filter to show only Unread Conversations. Show All Conversations cannot be unchecked.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
In your Conversations tab go to page 1 and over on the right side place a check in all the boxes that you want to perform an action for, then go to page 2 and do the same, go to page 3, etc. Once you are done choose your action down at the bottom. Note: you can also "Select All" and it will select all from that page. I hope this helps.
That is what I have been doing. Many times. Sometimes I unstar all messages, sometimes I mark all messages as read.

I'm down to 280 messages left. Not bad for a few hours work.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Hey, Cap. Thank you for your suggestion. I've tried every combination I can think of. One at a time, five at a time, page at a time and the site blinks after clicking "GO" and it behaves like it did it. Check the count, check first message, all the same even after page refresh. "select all" selects 35. yes, pretty tedious to get to 589 that way. The motor is running but there's no power to the road.
DanK
I've got the same issue. Just as you say.

I'm hoping it's a bug in the new software that gets fixed. Nothing I've tried works.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I was able to do them all at once with this sequence:
  • Click the checkbox on one message
  • when the box at the bottom pops up, click select all
    • The count should increase to all of them from the page
  • Go to the next page (upper right)
    • Select one and then select all -- the count should now include all from both pages
  • Repeat for all pages
  • When all are selected, select "mark conversations read" from the choose action drop down box.
  • Click Go next to the action box.
You should obviously be able to do them one page at a time. If you set the filter (upper left) to unread conversations, that will make it easier to see which ones still need to be marked as read.
This time it worked. I was doing that and it appeared to be working, but the conversations still showed up red in my account details. Thanks!!

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
And I don't mean talking to myself. That I understand.

All of my private messages from the old lumberjocks are now conversations in the new lumberjocks.

When I open a conversation, all I see is the message received from the other person. Unless I can't find it.

And, it looks like each one is listed twice.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
They are all still there.

Previously our conversations (private messages) we not threaded. Now they are. That means the old ones are still separated (sent vs. received).

If you are looking for an old message (prior to the new software), you may want to use the filters available.
View attachment 3854001
I did that. There are no conversations to display.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Thanks for the reply Lazyman.
It's not your fault that I don't understand the meaning at all of what your saying let alone try to figure out how to do it. I don't know a filter from a url. I just thought I had to click on the right thing.
Just another strike against me on this wonderful new better site. I'll just live without it.
This is how I found mine.
Click on your avatar, top right of page.
Click on My Showcase.
All your projects will display, with the latest posted being #1.
Go to the last of your projects listed, the next post is your workshop.
HTH

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
hairy. I clicked on avatar to showcase to last of my projects and no workshop. Still up in the clouds somewhere in another world.
Two days trying to post a project also and it won't go through. It's probably my computer, it's over a year old already.
I thinking of giving up.
I know how you feel. I'm still trying to learn this.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I don't facebook, so maybe I just don't get what LIKE means.

I see some new projects here, and I can comment about it, just like always.

If someone else makes a comment, I can LIKE their comment, but I can't LIKE the project.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
It was actually just barely moved, and I sent a notification.

We have asked from before the software went live to keep all feedback in the feedback thread and many times since.
How? The only way I can post in this forum is to reply to another post.
I have posted questions in the Site Help and Suggestion Forum thinking that's where to go for help. They were moved to this forum.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
During the transition phase of the software, please use this thread. Only the thread starter is notified.
Again, How?

Take your answer and dumb it down for me, I'm a woodworker, not a computer nerd.

I can't POST to this forum, only REPLY to someone's post.

Every question here was moved from somewhere else?

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Very few have been moved to this section. Most have been posted here where they belong.

Anything involving the new forum software needs to be posted as a reply to this thread.
Again, how do I make a new post to this forum? All I can do is reply to another post.

Very few have been moved to this section. Most have been posted here where they belong.

Anything involving the new forum software needs to be posted as a reply to this thread.

Again, how? I CANNOT post a new thread to this forum, I can only reply to someone else's.

Most, not all of the Forums have a place, near the top, "Create a Quick Thread"

This forum does not.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I must be confused.
There are 784 posts in this thread, and I'm sure that they are not all answers to one question.

This must be another of life's mysteries, or another advantage of premium membership.

I'm acting like this is still lumberjocks, my mistake.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts