LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 5 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
I notice that you don't block people, you ignore them, so you don't see what they post. I that the only option? Is there a setting that prevents them from posting in your threads without hiding their posts?

Also, is there any chance of changing my username back to Rich?

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
I see problems with the Ignore concept versus blocking. If person A has me on ignore and I don't have them set to ignore, they can't see what I'm saying, but I can see—and reply to—their posts. They just won't know I did it.

But, if person B replies to what I posted and quotes it, and person A isn't ignoring person B, then they will see what I said. It seems there is a lot of potential for confusion.

So, I'll be seeing things that people I'm ignoring say when it's part of a quoted reply. I'd much rather just see what they're saying in the first place. The way the old system worked.

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
The ignore feature is what we have for now. It is working as intended.

- Cricket
It appears that new posts by someone you're ignoring will be displayed with the option to see what they wrote. I'm fine with that. The older posts that were ported over seem to simply not include any posts by someone you're ignoring, which is no big deal.

Thanks.

Reactions: Cricket

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
This is Dullsville. When I can't even poke good-natured fun at a long-time nemesis without having it deleted by a moderator and getting told to "play nice," what's the point? This place used to be fun, now it's moderated.

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
Just my thoughts: since this site is about wood, making things with wood, and asking/answering questions about wood, I appreciate not having to read through online arguments among members when I am trying to learn something, so 'moderation' that removes back-and-forth barbs between individuals that has nothing to do with wood & making things with wood is fine by me.
Then, by your definition, your own post should be removed since it has nothing to do with wood and making things with wood.

Slippery slope, huh?

1 - 5 of 6 Posts