LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi all, I was thinking of combining my Router Station with my tablesaw and wondering if there are any suggestions out there. I already have the Router station built and a table saw with extensions that I think I squeeze it into but would also like to be table to take it apart easliy. I also want keep it mobile.
thanks

·
Registered
8,321 Posts
Jeff - I built a router table into the right side of my table saw, then add a rolling cabinet underneath that can pull out as needed, which requires a removable back, or one that swings open. The rolling cabinet also requires a small gap between the under side of the table and the top of the cabinet, but there are all kinds of ways you can close that gap with temporary panels, or you can just calculate the gap as your replacement air to the inside of the box.

Here are a couple of pics of my last router table/cabinet that was completed…unfortunately I haven't gotten around to putting it back together completely when I changed saws over a year ago.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I built mine right onto the side of my table saw, the fence bolts onto the table saw fence which means I can still use my wixey digital fence guage to.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea, I this like one, but also I the Incra Position system and just attach my current router cabinet at the back of the tablesaw as a feed support. I was also thinking of building cabinets/storage under the table saw extensions.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Scott, really nice looking table.

I built mine into the extension table because I didn't have room for a standalone router table. It's got a cabinet underneaith for dust collection too.

I documented building it here:

·
Registered
258 Posts
EltonHammond that is one sick mobile workshop!!!.... you have everything in there… does it come with a built in 42" plasma? That will be the ultimate workshop, serious excellent job. Really good ideas to add to my R4511.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.