LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
im in the planning process of making a dining table from maple. the wife has seen and wants a live edge table. I have never worked with live edge so this is my opportunity! does anyone have experience clamping live edge? I'm concerned about scarring the edge with the clamps. any ideas?

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Never heard of a live edge Forum, but it wouldn't surprise me if there was one. You can try attaching a cleat to the bottom side of the table top and then use the cleat to clamp it together. Then make sure you clamp cross pieces across the top to keep it flat.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'm guessing tou are trying make a wider panel with two boards with a live edge on one side and a straight edge on the other. Piece of cake. Get two pieces of plywood 12" wide and the length of your table top. Screw a 2×4 on one edge of the plywood. You screw the plywood to the board bottms snf you can use pipe clamps to pull the boards together.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.