LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
I just bought a couple new porter cable brad nailers and a pinner. Has anyone had success using nails from other companies that are less expensive? For example Harbor Freight nails or others. I quickly searched for this topic but didn't find anything helpful. Was this in a previous post?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have both PC nailers and I use the PC nails. Given the relatively slight difference in cost/nail, I like to use products from the same manufacturer. It seems that there is less likelihood of jams or worse.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
As long as the gauge and angle (if there is an angle) are the same, there should be no problems. I have Paslode, Senco, Bostich, and PC guns. Never had a serious problem because of the brand of nails.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Try the Hitachi brand 18 ga. brads. I bet i have gone thru 20 5000 count boxes since Jan. of this yr. I get them at Lowe's.
I use Bostich gun and a friend of mine uses PC gun, have not had a problem with the nails

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.