LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Yet another question that I can't find an answer to!!

I'm building 4 drawers and I want to use a center Undermounted drawer slider but I don't know how long it needs to be!!

I have an width of 17 1/4" so do I find a slider that is bigger and then adjust it to the length I need?? And if you can recommend a cheaper version they all look to be $10 each and I have 4 drawers

Thanks
Wood Rectangle Wood stain Shelving Hardwood

Attachments

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry just want to buy this component !! Need to focus on bigger fish like the actual router table , lol

·
Banned
2,846 Posts
Measure from the front edge of the face frame back, the ones I have used use a t shaped plate that has some flexibility in positioning it at the back and attach to the face frame. You could even go an inch less and it will still work out.

Edit:

I used these in the kitchen.
http://www.rockler.com/accuride-center-mount-slide-for-face-frame-cabinets-series-1029-select-length

About $8, but only rated for 35lbs.

On the second page/tab you can see a link to a spec sheet that shows the depth range for each size .

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Generally, you get the one closest to the full length of your drawer as you can, as long as it is not longer.

You may lose a couple of inches of pull out but most people live with it. Full extension slides are more expensive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.