LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm finally building a proper workbench, and am not doing it all by hand, but more than usual for me. I had the top glued up in a couple pieces, and was cross cutting the ends. I was cutting with the trusty disston, with the boards clamped to my tablesaw, and this is when the wife walks in, rolls her eyes and laughs at my 500$ sawhorse. At least I won't get laughed at as much on here :)

·
Registered
6,485 Posts
Too funny!

If any of you guys have Table Saws you don t use , I will send you my address.

- Richard
What do you mean, don't use? Didn't you read that they make execellent sawhorses? :)

·
Registered
274 Posts
You think that's hurts?
When I was just starting my shop when I was young and times were hard and money was even harder I got this one.

1: "Sure seems like a very expensive HOBBY to me" Ouch!

2:"You have a shop full of tools, what do you do all day out there?"

3: I got a new Powermatic bandsaw, " Oh my god that thing is a hideous color!"

4: Brought home a new Unisaw to replace my old worn out contractor table saw, I got: " Well you already have a saw thing, why is this thing that's a ugly color better?'

It goes no and on.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Antiwife.
It's all good.

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
What do women know?
Here are some confessions of a WOODWORKING wife (not to be confused with a woodworker's wife)
-I hid my Ridgid planer under the wheelbarrow for a month and then convinced my dear husband I had bought it months and months before.
-He thinks my Festool sander must have cost at least three hundred dollars.
-I went out to my shop (he calls it our garage) to find he had his snowmobile propped up on wood scraps. The scraps were 2" thick pieces of birdseye maple. I wept. I then changed the name 'scrap cart' to don't touch anything in this cart'.
The UPS guy thinks I must have the luckiest husband in the world because of all the tools that arrive….
Free shipping at Lee Valley trumps date night.

And even if I were single, I would not want to be married to another woodworker. We'd be bankrupt.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.