LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Race Day

Race day was a blast. The boys won on the first cart and spouses of the scout won the adult race also on the first cart. There was a 3 second time between the two carts. the second cart had different wheels (a little spongy) next year we will have better tires.

that was the good news. the bad news the last run down the hill at the bottom the cart hit the curb and the front end needed more tlc then I could give it there.
A Dad on Adult Cart.

Spouse Team

Scout Team

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Race Day

Race day was a blast. The boys won on the first cart and spouses of the scout won the adult race also on the first cart. There was a 3 second time between the two carts. the second cart had different wheels (a little spongy) next year we will have better tires.

that was the good news. the bad news the last run down the hill at the bottom the cart hit the curb and the front end needed more tlc then I could give it there.
A Dad on Adult Cart.

Spouse Team

Scout Team
Look'n good! ...and a lot of fun!

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Race Day

A Dad on Adult Cart.

Spouse Team

Scout Team
very cool. Glad you had fun

·
Banned
5,794 Posts
Race Day

A Dad on Adult Cart.

Spouse Team

Scout Team
That reminds me of the Soap Box Derby races I use to be in when I was a kid back around 1959 - 1961. We had sponsors and us kids built our own cars and raced them down the Wisner overpass in New Orleans… three at a time. There werre probably over 100 kids that built racers. A lot of fun and a lot of good memories.
Does anyone know if the Soap Box Derby races still exist anymore?

·
Registered
118,619 Posts
Race Day

A Dad on Adult Cart.

Spouse Team

Scout Team
Wow
congrats . Isn't someone suppose to drink milk after winning a car race

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
Race Day

A Dad on Adult Cart.

Spouse Team

Scout Team
sweet!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
18,356 Posts
Race Day

A Dad on Adult Cart.

Spouse Team

Scout Team
It's great to have an activity that the Scouts and the parents can both participate in, especially if it's a way for the Scouts to razz the adults a bit. Looks like loads of fun.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Race Day

A Dad on Adult Cart.

Spouse Team

Scout Team
this was fun and it got me out in the shop. next year i will have to start earlier as Friday before race I pulled a all night er.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.