LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm trying to make a table top for dice and card games. I have two questions if anybody can help.
1. I want to glue some playing cards on the tabletop, will gorilla glue work and dry clear?
2. Can I get a poly urethane to dry clear or would some kind of acrylic finish be better? Thanks AJ

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
When I was in college we made one. We built the top from plywood (painted black) and trimmed it out so that the edging was about 1/8"-1/4" above the table surface (don't know, it's been 12 years). We put playing cards down on the black plywood top, them poured in a clear epoxy. The top was tough as nails (it stood up to at least 3 years of abuse in a frat house game room, I don't know if it's still there). I would avoid using oil-based polyurethane because it will yellow and your white cards will, well, not look white anymore.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.