LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi Fellow LJs,

Can anyone suggest an online dealer to buy 5/8" x 1/8" x 15-1/4" planer knives for my Powermatic PM15?

It is not clear to me if the Powermatic re-stock knives are not the best quality. They are made of high speed steel, and are double sided. It is $120 for a 3 knife set.

I have come across Amana and other brands but they are mostly 3/4" and 1". I do not think 1" will fit in the planer properly, perhaps I can get away with 3/4"?

Thoughts,
Thanks!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually jumped on the template-services recommendation yesterday, thanks thou rick3ddd. It seems you have had a lot of good experiences with them.

I appreciate your comment regarding Stock PM knives too as I was hoping I was making the right decision to stay away from stock.

·
Registered
523 Posts
MRod-was my first set of knives so I cant compare directly, but Template Services seems like a class act, My jointer was a Reliant from Craig's list , it didn't have any knives when I bought it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.