LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
My dad inherited this plane when my great grandfather passed away. He has had it wired to a display board for the last 20 years. I would like to figure out everything I can about it. Using the hyperkitten website and google images my best guess so far is that it is a type 15, but I am not sure I understood all the questions. I did not use any hand tools when I was growing up so I know very little about the parts of a hand plane.

I plan to get restore this guy and get it all tuned up. Can anyone recommend and magazine articles that would help with the restore?

·
Registered
650 Posts
I would suggest looking it up on Patrick Leach's blood and gore a site dedicated to Stanley planes. You can get parts for Stanley planes at Highland Hardware if any parts are missing. It looks complete from the pics. I would clean it and oil it, sharpen the iron, fettle the sole ( flatten it) and see how it does. Nice family heirloom. Tom

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
Ditto the four-square.
when the sharkskin lever cap looks like it was borrowed from a Stanley transitional, without the little "whale-tail" detail on the lower edge… yeah, Four Square. One of my faves Doc is right about the decal, if it survived.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.