LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
I am wondering if anybody has a spare "round with vee slot", Delta 15/16" dia. 16" long guide post to fit a late model bandsaw? I was able to get a new Powermatic 6" riser for $23 + shipping and upon opening the box finding a 7/8" guide post that I cannot use. I would be happy to trade the Powermatic guide post for a delta, or sell the powermatic. Maybe you guys know of somewhere I could buy one??? Thanks for any help you may have in advance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
That's too bad. Have you considered buying some round bar stock then having a machine shop cut the V-groove? 2' of 15/16" round bar stock is about $15 online. It may even end up costing less than the actual replacement part. I can't imagine that a machine shop would charge too much to mill a V-groove and cut it to size.

Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Bob, I'm seen 1 go on ebay a few weeks back, before I needed one. I almost bought it "just-in-case" then decided not to spend the extra cash, ended up going for $.99 + 21.00 shipping. :-( I'm hoping Iturra Design might have one, called them and a message said…closed till July 23rd for inventory. Thr guide is also turned on the bottom to acept the guide, 2 diameters 7/8" for the guide and a smaller one in the center for the set screw to seat on. Thanks for the help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.