LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Can you get a pic of the adjuster, the square blade top (although it very likely has been replaced) and the red stained tote and what appears to be steel screw heads make me think a type 17, but without the adjusting knob I can't tell. Don is more than likely right but just throwing my speculations out there.

·
Registered
20,607 Posts
The cool thing about this one is the "STANLEY" is written vertical on the lateral adjust (which makes me think its a type 19) but its upside down.

Very cool.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
The cool thing about this one is the "STANLEY" is written vertical on the lateral adjust (which makes me think its a type 19) but its upside down.

Very cool.

- Don W
I saw that also and was wondering if that was in the type 17 if they did it upside down on that one but can't find anything and it has a brass adjuster so as usual Don is correct lol

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Did I miss something? I see Bailey and Stanley on the tool. I'll admit, I don't know much about them. I do have a bunch of hand planes, a couple draw knives, spoke shaves, a bow saw but since the invention of electricity and power tools, I pay no attention to any of the powerless tools. ............ Jerry (in Tucson)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.