LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello,

I am hoping you all can help me out. I have basic woodworking skills, but I lack the know-how on this. I would have my husband do it, but he doesn't enjoy this type of work.

I am looking to retro-fit a countertop cabinet beneath the existing upper cabinets. I have searched and have only been able to find instructions for adding a kit-type appliance garage.

I can build a door and hang it with no problem, but I am unsure of the carcass. I am hoping to build it in a front facing corner (not an angled corner cabinet). The left side and back have a 4 inch backsplash which is where I run into problems with my planning.
Do I measure so the sides and back meet the backsplash? Do I need to do anything special to make sure that remains stable? My other question is - How do I build the face frame so that the top rail leaves enough space to allow for a 1/2-3/4 inch strip of moulding between the upper cabinet and the new cabinet? Can I simply rip the top and bottom rails wider?

I am painting the cabinets, so I'm not concerned about matching my existing cabinets and I can match the wood thickness, style, and hinge type.

I would also like to add a row of apothecary drawers under a different cabinet. Does anyone know where I can find a plan/guide/instructions for that?

Thank you so much for reading!

Aimee

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.