LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
I know that as I get older, I have a harder and harder time controlling my weight. I just found this video today and was so astonished, I thought I'd share it with all of you.

View on YouTube

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Ha - I don't have the 29 minutes to watch this right now, but if I've got the gist correct, I probably agree for the most part. Fat has been demonized for a long time, especially in the US, and I think that it's a bad rap. A) "Eating fat makes you fat," has been debunked and B) fat triggers satisfaction to cravings - a lot of "healthy" alternatives fail in this regard, and they just leave us wanting, and subsequently eating, more.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha - I don t have the 29 minutes to watch this right now, but if I ve got the gist correct, I probably agree for the most part. Fat has been demonized for a long time, especially in the US, and I think that it s a bad rap. A) "Eating fat makes you fat," has been debunked and B) fat triggers satisfaction to cravings - a lot of "healthy" alternatives fail in this regard, and they just leave us wanting, and subsequently eating, more.

- WillliamMSP
You're right, you have the gist of it. When you get time, watch it, he's got some great information in it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.