LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14,592 Posts
Bryan Williams sure screwed himself over with his dumb ass statements. I heard that he was also instrumental, along with Al Gore, in inventing the Internet.

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
This guy is in serious need of Professional Help. IE: Psychiatric and Strong Medication.
Rectangle Font Parallel Magenta Number

I realise that Bill's Comment was "Tongue In Cheek". It was a question for me as to who really did. So for others who might be wondering the same thing. ........Sorry about the Second Part. It was very large and I did the best I could reducing and cleaning it up.

Rectangle Font Parallel Magenta Circle

Font Screenshot Document Parallel Number

Attachments

·
Banned
5,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don t think kicking an other wise good man after he made a mistake is become of an artist such as yourself. Stick to beautiful box designs.

- elewis
If he cannot back up what he says and cannot take a little criticism then he should not be a public figure.
I didn't take the photos but I do find them humorous.

·
Registered
669 Posts
The astonishing thing is that as a public figure it never occurred to him or the people he worked for that as this figure many people including the units he ran with wouldn't call him/them on the anomalies.

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
I don t think kicking an other wise good man after he made a mistake is become of an artist such as yourself. Stick to beautiful box designs.

- elewis
He didn't make "A" Mistake. His EGO made him Broadcast and tell MANY LIES! See my Post at #3. How does that make him a ""wise good man"?

·
Registered
980 Posts
Well, he embellished his story a little more with each telling, until he probably actually BELIEVED what he was saying. But hell, which of us after a few beers has told a story and made the women prettier, the horses faster, the dog meaner and our work harder. But then again, I don't get paid $10mm to tell that story to millions on NBC network TV. It's matter of scale, balance and audience. I like the guy. Too bad he couldn't just rest on his own true laurels.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Brian Williams job was reporting the truth, he was in a position of trust from the public to inform them of important events. He betrayed that trust, we are not talking about some teenage boy trying to impress a girl or one redneck telling another a story.

·
Banned
2,846 Posts
Brian Williams job was reporting the truth, he was in a position of trust from the public to inform them of important events. He betrayed that trust, we are not talking about some teenage boy trying to impress a girl or one redneck telling another a story.

- patcollins
He's right up there with Bill O'really to me, both have lied about their war time "exploits"!

·
Banned
2,846 Posts
This guy is in serious need of Professional Help. IE: Psychiatric and Strong Medication.
Rectangle Font Parallel Magenta Number

I realise that Bill s Comment was "Tongue In Cheek". It was a question for me as to who really did. So for others who might be wondering the same thing. ........Sorry about the Second Part. It was very large and I did the best I

- Rick
I don't follow, Al Gore was instrumental to the creation of the Internet or at least the early Internet, not the Web, the Web rides on the Internet. Its like you are saying he didn't write MS-DOS this guy wrote Word.

He never said he invented it, he said he helped create it. Below is a message from two men that did the tech side of it.
"But a spirited defense of Gore's statement penned by Internet pioneers Robert Kahn and Vinton Cerf (the latter often referred to as the "father of the Internet") in 2000 noted that "Al Gore was the first political leader to recognize the importance of the Internet and to promote and support its development" and that "No other elected official, to our knowledge, has made a greater contribution [to the Internet] over a longer period of time"

http://amsterdam.nettime.org/Lists-Archives/nettime-l-0009/msg00311.html

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.