LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
I just bought a dust deputy for my DW 735 planer. Seems to work fine except for one problem - the MDF base I made for the DD won't sit snug enough on top of the plastic trash can. I routed out a circle and put in some sticky cushion material and its held down by bungy cords but it still leaks air and chips - yes, that blower on on the 735 is pretty powerful. I'm thinking of building me a box to collect the chips out of some OSB I have laying around. What do you all think? I don't know if having a square body will mess with the cyclone effect of the DD or not.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, Bill. I had to buy a reducer but it seems to work very well - even without a shopvac. I was a bit concerned with the idea of reducing from 4" to 2 1/4" but it doesn't seem to be a problem. Thanks all for the replies. I'll set about to build the box - I know I can make that airtight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.