Bosch - 1617EVSPK 2-1/4 Horsepower Plunge And Fixed Base Variable Speed Router Kit (Rating: 5)

I bought this kit about 6 months ago and I love it. This router does everything that I expect it to do. The motor is strong enough for the tasks I ask of it. I have yet to try a panel raising bit in it but I don't see it having trouble spinning such a large bit. Both the fixed and plunge base are very well built and the plunge action on the plunge base is smooth. Adjusting bit depth is easy and these adjustments are held tight with a good locking mechanism. In my shop the fixed base is always mounted into the router table I built and the plunge base is used for any other routing tasks. I really like the fact that the kit comes with both a 1/4" and 1/2" collet. The carrying case is very nice with plenty of room for both bases, bits and extra parts. The only downside I can find with this kit is the fact that you only get one motor. This isn't a big deal though and I have no trouble swapping the motor between bases as needed.