LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have been using Johnson's Paste wax on my CI tools but being in the unheated and humid garage it sounds like T-9 may be a better way to go. Is there any reason to not use it after having used paste wax? Will it adhere? Anyone else done this?
Thanks all!

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
if your gonna give your tools a 1-2 punch go with wax (paste) and to coat after the wax has had some time to be on the surface like a couple of days or a week. You can also put in an AC it works just like a dehumidifyer. This is what i have in my shop i'm in the basement, and my new TS was having a problem with rust and this is how i fixed it wax,TC,and AC.

·
Registered
8,537 Posts
I use the T-9 first, buff it, then add paste wax after the T-9 is good and dry. Never tried the T-9 over the paste wax. I usually hit the saw with mineral spirits first.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Johnsons Paste wax is >75% solvent by weight.

I don't like the finish T9 leaves. Never seems glassy smooth to me, no matter how much I buff it.

I like to dissolve parrafin in MS and apply that then normal paste wax. helps fill the pores in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.