LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
I need to edge band several sheets of plywood that are being used to construct an American Girl Doll house. I picked up a couple of rolls of this stuff at the orange box Is it any good? Its going to be painted so I don't care how it looks as long as it covers up the 13 core veneer ply smoothly and stays firmly glued down in place. Also, the plywood has a few voids. is it necessary to fill these before applying the edge banding or can I leave it be?

Thanks

Scott

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
Edgemate is a good product. I've use thousands of feet. We buy it in 250 ft rolls. The small package at the Borg is way to much per foot. We pay (in 250 rolls) about 12 to 15 cents a foot. That small package at the Borg is 28 cents a foot.

·
Registered
7,341 Posts
I have used 100's of feet of the iron-on edge banding….Mainly I use Band-It, but what you got is just as good…Of course (if you didn't already know) you'll need a iron, (don't use the wife's good one…), an edge trimmer, a J-roller,(it works better than a board), and a pair of sissors or box cutter….But….I also make my own thin strips of hardwood for banding…Depends on the project…But for ply, this stuff is good…..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.