LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Hello all. I was able to pick up a used Delta contractor saw for cheap. I'm very new to woodworking but have done a lot of research about tools and techniques. One of the selling points of this saw was the fence. However, for the life of me, I can't get it to lock. I push down on the handle and it just won't lock in place.

I've looked around a couple forums and a few people with similar problems backed out the set screws. I tried that. In fact I backed them out the whole way and the fit is still too tight.

The fence moves along the rails just fine and you can see evidence that the fence is well used. Unfortunately, the original owner passed on and this saw was passed down. The seller had no idea how it works. I looked at it and assumed-wrongly I guess-that I would figure it out.

Pics attached for reference. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Hood Automotive tire Wood Rim Bumper

Wood Bumper Table Automotive tire Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Bumper Wood Rim Bicycle part

Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Fixture Gas

Attachments

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all for the great comments. You were spot on. I was thinking that the pointed tip needed to be into the bar and not down so I was loosening the set screws to get enough room to push the tip up and it just wasn't working. As suggested, I went the other way with it and tightened the set screws. Working like a charm now. Just need to align properly to the blade and I should be ready to go. Thank you all!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.