LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
I subscribe a mess of magazines somehow. (I do NOT recall signing up for all of these!)... My favorites hands down are Shop Notes and Wood Magazine.

Popular Woodworking merged with Woodworking magazine this month to create Popular Woodworking Magazine. I'm not a huge fan of either mag, but the new mashup looks pretty fair.

Fine Woodworking is a darned good publication, but it is written to a skill level WAY above where I am for now…

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I read a wack of em' every month LOL!...but the only one I get some type of satisfaction out of EVERY month is Fine Wood Working.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have subscribed to PW for about 10 years now. I actually DIDN'T like the new Popular Woodworking/Woodworking mash up.

In fact, I am considering dropping my subscription. But then… I looked at my address label, and my subscription ends in… 2014? I guess I know how this happened, and it is pretty funny! So… I guess I'll have PW until then. Getting money back from magazines is sure complicated!

I sure I hope I get to liking it more than I liked this months issue!

·
Registered
8,861 Posts
Uncle_Salty

I noticed that lately I get renewal notices almost a year in advance.

That may have happened to you

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'm partial to Popular Woodworking but then again I'm a bit biased.

Uncle_Salty, If you could PM me with your reasons for disliking the new magazine, i'll make sure they get into the right hands.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.