LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51,858 Posts
Ok, here is a simple question. For those of you that use the Bessey K Body clamps, do you use the clip on spacers they provide? I always find that after a time or two, the clips break in half when snapping them on the bar and I end up thowing them away. I never was sure just what good they were.

Thanks

·
Registered
131 Posts
I use the spacers as they keep the metal bars from marking up the wood and they also keeps glue out of the notches in the steel bars. I think they are helpful but you could certainly get along without them, I have about 20 of the spacers and have yet to break any.

·
Registered
51,858 Posts
The Revo ones that I have, have a piece at the end of the bar that keeps the head from sliding off. These spacers on the Bessey web site are called bar protectors. They apparently are spacers that prevent the bar from getting glue on it and staining the wood. I did find a website that sells just the spacers so maybe if I decide sometime that I need them I can buy them there.

Thanks for all the comments.

·
Registered
95 Posts
They only come with the "Revo" style but they will fit the older ones too. You can purchase them seperately to replace broken or missing ones. I don't always use them for the spacer part, but I do have a pair of the clamps that they make to clamp them to the table. They turn the clamp into a big vice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.