LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now I'm sad thats not a lot of savings. See if I believe my friend again. Still not a bad price and I can use a few. I get 10% off for Military so $16 and some change isn't.bad. I knew I should have looked it up.

Not sure about limits.

Bill

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
Looked at my local HD this morning and they have the two 6" and two 12" packaged together for $18 also. If they had two 24" and two 12" for $18, that would be one heck of a deal.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You know I thought what a deal but not really right. Still 3 or 4 bucs thats almost a latte and a half a smile. Didnt make it to get them today, but i am assuming they weren't selling so on sale they go, They will be there tomorrow. Oh well, have to remeber to google before I speak. What a way to live, CYA with google gents.

Bill

·
Registered
413 Posts
I've seen this same deal in a couple of HD in this area and I even bought a couple of packs. One thing I will note is that these clamps are not the same quality as my other Bessey F-style clamps of the same size. The handles are smaller and the stock seems noticeably less stout. At four clamps for 18 bucks, I still think they are worth it but I wouldn't go well out of my way to get them as they clearly seem like a special economy pack probably put together for seasonal sales.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I ve seen this same deal in a couple of HD in this area and I even bought a couple of packs. One thing I will note is that these clamps are not the same quality as my other Bessey F-style clamps of the same size. The handles are smaller and the stock seems noticeably less stout. At four clamps for 18 bucks, I still think they are worth it but I wouldn t go well out of my way to get them as they clearly seem like a special economy pack probably put together for seasonal sales.

- Sawdust4Blood
Are you comparing them to other Bessey F-style clamps with the clutch or the Bessey Tradesmans? The Tradesmans is a clutchless design with a different clamp head design and thicker bar.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have actually had the package picked up a few times and walking to the register with it only to put it down each time. These would be considered their medium duty clamps. Smaller handles and definitely thinner metal for the clamp to grip. Still a decent deal at $5 per clamp though

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
I guess we just need the big boxes to change up their offering again so whom ever is carrying the K-body Revos can put them on sale again for 95% off. I only got a couple, but many got great deals when that last happened.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a crap load of clamps from HF at about the same price, I'm assuming these are bebetter. I did make it to HD and got a few other tools because I needed them. I guess thats what I should do, but it was hard to resist them. Maybe, Santa will fill my stocking with them, got the fingers crosed. Assuming I'm on the right list, it might be full of Craftman tools if I was Naughty. :)~

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I guess we just need the big boxes to change up their offering again so whom ever is carrying the K-body Revos can put them on sale again for 95% off. I only got a couple, but many got great deals when that last happened.

- bigblockyeti
I heard about that, it brings a tear to my eyes that I wasn't one if them.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Are you comparing them to other Bessey F-style clamps with the clutch or the Bessey Tradesmans? The Tradesmans is a clutchless design with a different clamp head design and thicker bar.

- paxorion
My other Bessey F-style are the clutch-less design with a thicker bar and beefier handles…. but to be honest, I've had them so long that I'm not sure exactly which current model correlates

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Yeah I agree the 'F" style are way easier to adjust when you have a lot of clamps to manage in a many clamp glue up, the group of clutch clamps I got recently are sticky and do not go where I want them to go quickly and positively like the 'F' clamps do.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have maybe 30 clamps, I probably use the 12 inch the most then the 6/24 inchs come in second. I run into not haveing enough of those sizes on each project and it can slow me down. I dont like having to change my plans because of a damn clamp. So a few more would be great and I know you can never hve enough, but I run into one of my idiosyncrasies, I refuse to keep things that arent needed.. I rarely buy something that I dont need, so the next time I need an extra clamp I will go buy one. It has gotten to the point that I dont keep scraps anymore, I think since my shop has been down sized it will get worse. Anyhow, if they fall into my cart I would be remorse not to buy them.

Bill

·
Registered
1,218 Posts

- paxorion

My other Bessey F-style are the clutch-less design with a thicker bar and beefier handles…. but to be honest, I ve had them so long that I m not sure exactly which current model correlates

- Sawdust4Blood
I've been shifting towards the clutch-less design myself for my F-style clamps. The bars has more meat and are stiffer.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
If it matters to anyone, the Bessey clamps sold by Home Depot are made in China. If I weren't 2 clamps shy of my upgrade to clutchless Bessey Tradesmans, it wouldn't stop me from buying them, but it can be a factor for others.

If the price drops any more, I will probably pull the trigger on a couple packs.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.