LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Creative Bathroom Remodel

Well, I was supposed to just replace the old vanity with some cabinets that they got from a friend, because the cabinets they got were in better condition than the ones currently in the house.

Seemed pretty straight forward, nothing really difficult or interesting to see here, folks, so move along….....

Oh, wait, nothing fits right, go figure.

Yes, their simple switch out turned to a bit more, but they are really enjoying it.

I had to put together 3 cabinets, bring them out 3" from the wall and make everything line up with existing piping. At first, nothing was working, they bought stuff that was different from what I told them to get, so now I had to make it work.

So, we are wrapping the corner and the opposite side and the back with fluted molding to look like a column. We used a kitchen countertop, since they couldn't afford cultured marble or anything expensive, we had to settle for what Lowes had in stock.

All-in-all, it is turning out pretty good.

I did, however, almost burn my dremel tool up trying to cut the hole in the top for the sink. That would have ruined my day, but fortunately, it did the job.

Here are the pictures from day 1.

Photobucket

·
Registered
757 Posts

Well, I was supposed to just replace the old vanity with some cabinets that they got from a friend, because the cabinets they got were in better condition than the ones currently in the house.

Seemed pretty straight forward, nothing really difficult or interesting to see here, folks, so move along….....

Yes, their simple switch out turned to a bit more, but they are really enjoying it.

I had to put together 3 cabinets, bring them out 3" from the wall and make everything line up with existing piping. At first, nothing was working, they bought stuff that was different from what I told them to get, so now I had to make it work.

So, we are wrapping the corner and the opposite side and the back with fluted molding to look like a column. We used a kitchen countertop, since they couldn't afford cultured marble or anything expensive, we had to settle for what Lowes had in stock.

I did, however, almost burn my dremel tool up trying to cut the hole in the top for the sink. That would have ruined my day, but fortunately, it did the job.

Photobucket
Wow! What a project. Love the fluted column look.

·
Registered
118,619 Posts

Photobucket
coming along nicely

13,555 Posts

Photobucket
Looks good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.