LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a Jet 14" bandsaw. I am trying to resaw lumber. I have a 1/2" blade. The blade is tracking well. I tried to set the fence up for the drift in the blade, but it was such an angle, that the fence could not even be adjusted to the angle. I instead installed a board to act as the fence, but had the same results… When I start cutting, the blade starts curving off towards the left. By the time I'm 2" into the board, the blade is 1/4" to 3/8" off from where it started. Any suggestions?!?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Worst case scenario if ALL else fails, spin the wheel backwards by hand as you hold an oil stone alongside the side it tends to drift towards. Knocking off some of the set will balance the load on the teeth, and it will tend to cut truer. Slightly slower, but in a more controllable manner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.