LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Today was a busy day. last week my boss asked if it would be possible to ad a riser block to a 36" band saw. The goal was to be able to saw a piece of material 5 feet thick. today we started the project. all that is left is covering the gaps in the vertical blade housing and making a new door for the same. the original shell is 1/4" thick plate. the riser is 5/8" plate.

Tim Allen's got nothing on this one! hargh hargh hargh

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
That is a MONSTER of a band saw!

5' capacity! ... with the table in place?! :)

Where are you going to get the Blades for it? ... what kind of blades?

What are you going to cut that is 5' ...!!

I'd like to see it when it running and cutting something 5'... !! Maybe a video would be better… :)

·
Registered
967 Posts
It wont be used for cutting wood. it will cut insulating material that cant be cut with a hot wire.
Alaskaguy that is a double cut blade, it cuts both directions. on the 4" wide and up there is no thrust guide to track the blade just the crown. band mills were a little slower in the cut so they would save time by cutting in both directions. circle rigs cant. in the late '80s warehouser tried (skaag?) saws.(not scrag anyway)In Lacrosse Wi for about a year. They were like huge jig saws with multiple blades attached at both ends for dimensional softwood production. In Bangor Wisconsin I reworked a sawmill that could produce 50,000 BF in a single shift on one circle saw head rig.

I will get an "action shot" when it is set up.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Great customizing job, I would be very happy with a 36" bandsaw and a shop big enough to put it in.
Will be paitiently waiting for the completed picture showing the table.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.