LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Hi all, I just signed up and I have a question already. Recently I decided to make some bandsaw boxes and started reading up on the process. My saw is an older Delta and the blades I have are Lennox or Timberwolf. The only small blade I have is a 1/4" of unknown origin, it doesn't cut it burns it's way through. my question is, what would be a good 1/4" blade and what tooth design? Also I read about an 1/8" blade, has anyone tried this small of a blade? Thanks in advanced…..Tom

· Registered
334 Posts
I always liked the timberwolf blades… if your blade is burning how old is the blade? is it new and sharp? also how tight of a radius are you trying to turn with that blade?

The 1/8" blade is good for scrolling tighter radiuses,however..I have heard reports of it digging into your rubber or urethane tires since it is so small so you want to be careful with that too..

· Registered
207 Posts
Another vote for TimberWolf blades here. I ahve been using them for years and always have had great luck with them. Another good thing about TimberWolf is that they have very good people on the phone. Call them, tell them what you want to cut, what machine you ahve and they will get you the perfect blade for the job. Very nice people, good prices, they can't be beat for thier customer service.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.