LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello. I have model # 28-275 Delta 14" band saw and when I tension the blade the tension spring bottoms out and there is no adjustment left.The blade when I pluck it just does not seem to have that correct ping sound to it. Could the spring need replacement or am i doing some other thing wrong. Thanks For Your Time.

·
Registered
13,709 Posts
I read somewhere that even though there are special springs available, the original springs rarely need replacing. Check the "frog"- the part the moves up and down when you adjust the tension- for cracks or being bent.

Also, make sure the blade you have is the proper length. My band saw originally called for a 92 1/2" blade but I can only get 93" blades (stock). It doesn't make too much difference but the built in tension gauge is not accurate- if it ever was.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.