LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
New here, so first off, Hello to everyone.
Looking forward to getting to know you and learning from you. Also hope I can share some knowledge as well.
I have built some furniture but I really love the wood lathe and scroll saw. I recently brought my bandsaw back to life after letting it set for several years. I only used it to rough cut things in the past, mainly because I never took the time to set it up correctly. Now, however, I took the time to set it up and man does it make a difference. Even though it's a 12" saw that a riser can't be added to, I still might have a need to resaw and or rough out a small log for a bowl. So I started searching the web and found a video from American Woodworker for a top with a fence utilizing a table saw miter gauge. I also wanted a circle cutting jig for turning rough outs. After looking at several videos for these I was able to incorporate one into the table making it fit both my needs and in a table top I can leave on.
I've never been able to slice a paper thin piece of wood on the band saw before and don't know if I'll ever need to but now I know it can.
Take a look at the pics and please advise if there are anything that could have been done better or anything you would have done differently.
Thanks and I look forward to conversing and sharing with you all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Amazing Jig! Did you design this on a whim, or was it from plans? I recently took interest in woodworking when I acquired my fathers Rigid Bandsaw. I would love to build something like this for my tool.

V/R,
Kevin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.